With every new year that approaches, we all hear people making resolutions and promising to follow through on each and every one of them. Rarely does anyone accomplish such a task, even with the best of intentions. We all set lofty goals for ourselves that would take a total life revamp to accomplish. That's a tall order. I'm not big in to the whole "resolution" thing. That's way too concrete for me. Instead, I make mental notes to try to fix things from the past year, to better myself for the coming year, and to complete things I should have done from all of the past years of my life. I like to call them "wishes" because I truly wish that I will follow through this year, at least at some level. And I usually do, at least at some level.
So without further ado, my 10 wishes for myself for the coming year (in no particular order of importance):
- Work smarter, not harder.
- Spend more time with my family away from this little black box.
- Every time Bubby yells "huggy time", stop what I'm doing and participate.
- Tell B more often how much I love and appreciate him (even if he's ranting about a bad day at work).
- Get back to the Island, and stay there.
- Be a better friend.
- Sparkle more and never let anyone or anything dull my sparkles.
- Enjoy my new job (more on that later).
- Learn how to properly use my new
bad assawesome camera.
- Enjoy life and my children more no matter what drama gets tossed my way.
So there you have it. I'm sure I won't stick completely to this list, but I assure you I will work toward making myself a better person while trying to achieve all of my wishes for the new year. That's the best any of us can do.
Happy New Year! I hope all of you have a beautiful and sparkling 2013 and I hope all of your wishes, for yourself and for others, come true!