As the old year washes out with the tide and the new year rolls in each year, I always contemplate my life. Where I've been, where I'm going, and what I am going to do to improve my life and the lives of those around me!
The birth of 2012 is no different! For me, it is a year full of hope, prosperity, love, sparkles, and happiness. And I welcome it with open arms!
2011 brought much change and happiness to my family. And for that, I am thankful! There have been struggles, but those only serve to make us stronger. I am certain that 2012 will be the BEST.YEAR.EVER! So I'm going into this new year with some resolutions.
I'm not a very traditional person and neither are my resolutions. I do not look to lose weight, or to be more fit, or more financially stable (although those things are always good goals). Nope, I'm more of a sparkle reacher so here are my resolutions for 2012!
1) Keep a smile on my face and a sparkle in my heart...everything else will follow!
2) Be kind to others...there is no other way!
3) Believe in myself...I can do this (whatever "this" might be, I can)!
4) Forgive! You don't always have to forget, but forgiving is key! If you can't move past it, it will own you. Harboring "bad" feelings is NOT healthy!
5) LOVE...with all of my heart and unconditionally! I've always subscribed to this but don't show it enough. This year, I will show it more often!
6) GIVE...to anyone in need whether it be family, friends, or a stranger. You never know who's life you might change with a simple act of kindness!
7) Don't be afraid to fail (you've got this Christy)! You can't succeed if you don't take chances!
8) Step out of your comfort zone!
9) Life is exciting...EMBRACE IT! Stop worrying about everything! And not every risk ends with "and you die"!
10) Be a better wife, a better mother, a better friend! This is not last because it is least important! This is last so that I will remember it most!
As I said, these are not "traditional" resolutions, and in fact, they may not be resolutions at all! They are reminders to ME to make ME a better person, and that's all anyone can strive to be.
I hope that the new year finds each and everyone one of YOU a better YOU! Embrace 2012 like no other year. Love more than you've ever loved, give more than you've ever given, and sparkle brighter than you've ever shined! This is YOUR year! Embrace it, enjoy it, and live it with a smile!
Love to all of you in the coming year and with all of my heart, I hope that this is your BEST.YEAR.EVER!